Wednesday, February 1, 2012

"Skinny" Mocha Frappuccino

I'm not really a coffee fan, but those Mocha Frappe things from McDonalds are delicious.  I used to grab one when I'd swing by for my super healthy (ha!) breakfast in the mornings.  Now, let's not forget that I'm cheap, so I REFUSE to pay the outrageous Starbucks prices...but I'm sure theirs are even more amazing. 

Before we all run out and buy one this morning, let me slap you in the face with some calorie info...

Starbucks Venti Mocha Frappuccino: 500 calories (OMG!)
Starbucks Venti Mocha Light Frappuccino: 190 calories

McDonalds Large Mocha Frappe: 680 calories (Are you kidding me!?)

Ouch, right!?  Who wants to blow half their daily calorie limit on a drink at 8am!?

At least Starbucks offers a "light" option for most of their drinks...but we still have the little issue of me being cheap.  Er, let's say frugal.  You know...the whole High Maintenance to Homesteader mantra!

Obviously I'm not having a fast food breakfast anymore, but I do miss those frosty-chocolate-caffeinated cups of happiness.  So, when I ran across this recipe on Pinterest, I knew I had to try it!

Here's my version:

"Skinny" Mocha Frappuccino (20 oz)
1 1/2 T instant coffee granules
2 T French vanilla creamer (powdered)
1 T cocoa
1/2 C skim milk
1 packet Truvia
1-2 C ice

-Throw it all in a blender and hit GO!
-Drink up

Not only is the homemade version delicious, it's a fraction of the cost!  And...ONLY 150 calories!  Go make this - right now!  I'm serious...it's that good!

Let me know what you think if you try it out.