Thursday, December 15, 2011

New Weekly Menu

Between the move, painting, decorating, Thanksgiving, Christmas, basketball season starting and work...you could say my weekly menu planning has fallen to the bottom of my to-do list.  And I can't even tell you the last time I cut a coupon.  I KNOW, I'm so ashamed!  Don't judge me.

But, things are slowing down...finally.  Work is still nuts-o, but that's typical.  {Still looking for Mr. Right that won't be happy unless I'm a SAHM...haha!}  My Christmas shopping is done, and I plan to get most of it wrapped this weekend.  Tree has been up for weeks...and I'm not stressing that the outside lights didn't make it up this year [Santa has GPS by now, no worries].  I know what I'm doing for Hayden's class party, and his friend/teacher/staff gifts.  I got this, yo!  Our upcoming weekends are full of family, friends and parties, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

With that said...it's time to get my butt back in gear and start cooking again.  And freezer pizza doesn't qualify as cooking!  Do NOT let me tell myself that anymore.  Just because we aren't eating out every meal doesn't mean I'm cooking what we should be eating.  Toast for breakfast isn't as good for H as oatmeal or a sausage biscuit.  At least he's not eating McDonald's or anything, but still...I can do better.

I love the Eat Sheet I used when we lived at Dad & Bonnie's, but that was when I was only really in charge of dinner and we all just did our own thing the rest of the time.  I really feel like I need a full breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack schedule now.  If it's not planned and on paper, it won't get done.  Believe me, I know me better than anyone...we're totally on a first name basis...

Self and I did a little googling and found this bad boy...


Cute, right!?  You can get the FREE printable here.

Hayden and I have had some discussions about what he'd like to eat (he can be a tad picky...) so I don't hear "WAAAHHHH....but I wanted Mazzio's!" 3 times a week, like I have lately.  Crest has some good sales too, so I plan to make some time to go by and stock up on some necessities.  Pretty sure the Aldi ladies will see me this weekend as well.

I'm going to plan my menu out for next week, and get back to it!  Stay tuned for updates!