Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Crazy busy week/weekend around here.  In the interest of saving the best for last, we'll start with...

The Ugly:
Ohmygoodness, the dream house was U G L Y.  (Please stop singing...I can hear "you don't need no alibi...you ugly...hey, hey, you ugly" all the way over here!  HA!)

Whoever took these pics...




...seriously deserves a Pulitzer.  Don't get me wrong, the place has got potential, but is WAY over priced.  I cannot believe it's dropped $30K since it was listed 15 months ago.  Still needs to drop another $30K to make it something I'd be interested in.

No thanks...not the one for me.  But, there are/will be others.  I'm certainly not the kinda girl to give up hope this early in the game.

The Bad:
Still. No. Rain.  The heat and lack of rain around here make it feel like July, not April.  Not a fan.

The Good:
Hayden and I went to First Baptist Church in Washington today.  I loved it and so did he!  My friend Michelle was super sweet and introduced me to her friends there.  The Sunday school class she's in is full of people my age that have kids around H's age.  Perfect!  I'm a bit of a chicken when it comes to a new church, so I'm so very thankful God put Michelle there.  It makes it so much easier for me knowing I'll know someone there.  I think I'll try out Sunday school next week.

There's a house on the low end of my price range for sale in Washington.  I drove by today before church to check it out.  It's pretty run down, but I'm still very interested to see what the inside look like.  It's on 1 acre, so should be just enough room for my soon-to-be homestead.

I've prayed a lot about whether we should stay in Norman or move to Washington/Goldsby.  I asked God for open doors and signs to point me in the right direction.  God has met my request with some of the funniest signs and "coincidences" (I don't believe there's such a thing as a coincidence!) to lead me down this path.  I've just smiled and laughed as each one came along.

Here are a few for your enjoyment:
  • As Hayden and I were waiting to meet our Realtor Saturday(to look at the non-dream house), a tractor drove down 24th street.  Yes, a TRACTOR...in Norman...on one of the busiest streets we have.  He might as well have been waving a big ol' flag that said, "Yes, Merissa, you need to move to the country". 
  • Washington schools still believe in God.  They pray before class starts each day, they have Christmas (not Winter), Easter (not Spring), etc. parties.  Their school Christmas play is about Jesus, not Santa.  Love it!
  • In the past week I've found that I'm connected to people who lived in Washington at one time and I've heard wonderful stories about what a fabulous community it is.  I didn't know any of this info before this week.
Here's a pic of the house (courtesy of http://www.realtor.com/) I hope to go see tomorrow.  I'll keep you all updated!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear your report regarding the Sunday School class.
    God is in this, I just know He is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks LaVon! I feel exactly the same way.

    ReplyDelete