Monday, June 27, 2011

Banana Chips - EPIC FAIL

I'm addicted to banana chips.  I heart them.  I eat them pretty much daily.

In an effort to continue down my homesteader path, I am trying to make more of the things I/we eat on the reg.  Like yogurt, caramel (yeah, okay, we don't eat that daily, but dang...it's so good!) and granola.

I did some Google research, and found that people make banana chips without a dehydrator all the time.  Pssh, I can so do this!

First, cut up the bananas (I use the bomb-diggity slicer thingy from Pampered Chef and add a few tablespoons of pineapple juice to keep them from browning.



Place them on a greased cookie sheet & bake at 200 degrees for about 1-2 hours.


Turn them after they start to dry/brown slightly.


Then place them on a piece of parchment paper to cool.


OH WAIT...those look GROSS!  And, they taste every bit as delicious as they look.  FAIL 

Clearly I need a dehydrator!

I bought the Padre one for Father's Day, so he can make the beef jerky he's been jonesing for since the day he shot Bambi.  I'll give you guys a review once he breaks it out of the box for a test run.