Thursday, December 1, 2011

Realtor 411

We all know the story of the house hunting debacle.  It was a mess.  But, hello...this is me...so of course I'm going to tell you about the silver lining.  Get excited.

Long story short, I saw a listing for a house in my desired area, but no pics were listed.  So I went to the listing realtor's site to see if there was anymore info there.  Negative.  But, they had a sweet little button that said "request pictures".  Check that, Roger Rabbit.  I filled out the little mandatory contact form and got a call from the listing agent about an hour later.  Turns out, his daughter (also a realtor) was going to be at the house that night to take some pics and would be happy to meet me there so I could see the place.

I met Chaley, and we clicked instantly {the house and I...not so much}.  She was awesome!  I told her a little about my financing issues and the house I was looking for.  I had a list of houses (different from what I'd been shown before!) in my inbox before I even got dinner done that night.  She was on top of it.



Turns out she and her fiance, Derek, work as a team at Hamilwood Realty.  They showed me some houses together, and they were both very nice and incredibly helpful.  Lord knows, I'm picky...especially when it comes to houses!  They never made me feel rushed, or like I should settle for less than exactly what I wanted.

When I found THE ONE, Derek was the one to show it to me because Chaley was already booked.  Just another bonus of using a "team" of realtors...no waiting!  We wrote a contract on the spot, and from that point on, Derek has been my go to guy for all things "house".  I couldn't have asked for a more attentive, go-getter, of a realtor.  Even though I'm on a lease-to-own contract at the moment, he still calls me to check in, and offer possible financing solutions and ideas.  We can close this deal this summer, but he still hasn't stopped working for me.  I cannot tell you how above and beyond he's gone.

So, if you're looking to buy or sell a home in Oklahoma, I can 110% endorse Derek Haffner and Chaley Watson!  Call them today - you won't regret it!  [P.S. Tell them I sent you...I want them to know I appreciate them enough to refer my friends!]

#1 Reason You Should Choose Hamilwood To Be Your Oklahoma Realtor...