Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Time to Put Up or Shut Up [House Update]

I think it's time to bring you all into the house hunting loop.  I've kept you out of it because it's been a roller coaster.  I've looked, I've liked, I've waited, I've been turned down...and up until recently, I hadn't fallen in love.

After walking through the doors of this place, I certainly knew that this was THE ONE.  Dad kept telling me to wait until I found the house that made me 'feel butterflies'.  I thought he was nuts, because nothing in my price range was going to do that.  They were all fixer-uppers in some form or fashion.  Not this baby...



Thank God for a crappy housing market, and a huge drop in price, because now this beauty is in my price range (the VERY top, but it's still there...LOL).  The sellers have already moved out of state, so they were very motivated.  I originally looked at the house and loved it, and dreamed of finding something like it in my price range.  WHO KNEW!?  (God did, duh.)

The house does need a good cleaning (it's been empty for a while) and I will change all the paint colors (I always do!).  Some day I'll take out all the carpet and put in hard wood (better for Hayden's asthma), but there's really nothing else major I'd do/change.  It has tons of extras like an attic fan, water softener, reverse osmosis filter in kitchen, great storage/cabinet space, large closets, big rooms, 2.5 bathrooms (OMG!) etc.

It's a mother-in-law plan, so that will be hard to get used to.  I've never been more than 15 feet from Hayden at night.  I see me breaking out the ol' baby monitor for a while.  However, as he gets older, I'm sure I'll LOVE being more than 15 feet from his room!

The contract has been accepted.  I have a pre-approval for my financing.  There's just a small glitch to clear up and I am good to go.  There is inaccurate information on my credit report from my previous mortgage.  I've disputed it and had it removed from 1 of the 3 agencies.  The other 2 remain; 1 was denied because I was only able to dispute it online (In 120 characters or less...what the heck, is this Face Book or an online credit dispute!?) and I couldn't send in my documentation to back up my claims, the other was flat out ignored.

If you've tried to dispute anything on your credit report, you know it's a joke.  You jump through a zillion hoops, and even then there's no guarantee it'll work.  Ridiculous. 

The lady doing my financing hooked me up with a credit repair agency that she uses for problems like this.  Sadly, it's going to cost me $150 to get this taken care of, but at least they have the tools/resources to do this properly.  They have sent in disputes to the 2 agencies, that have this erroneous information on my credit report, via certified mail.  I should have done that when I did mine, but I was foolish and thought regular mail would be fine.  Dave Ramsey would be so disappointed in me!

The guy at the credit repair agency assures me that this should work just fine.  Apparently since I got TransUnion to take it off my report after 2 weeks, it proves the information report is not accurate.  WHOO!

So now I sit, I wait, I pray.  I pray a lot.  I try not to stress, but it's hard not to worry.  Especially when I have to start paying for inspections and such.  I'm about to shell out $500, which I will lose if the financing falls through.  But, I guess $500 is a small gamble on my future.

After a few texts with Courtney today, she put it into perspective for me: If the inspection turned up some nasty news, I would get out of the contract and still be out my $500.  So, either way you look at it, I could lose the $500.  The wifey is so good at talking me down from the crazy tree!  I have such an awesome best friend.

Time to put my money where my mouth is, gamble on my future, put up or shut up, and lots of other cliche phrases!

The disputes will take about 30 or so days to hear back on.  I literally might not be 100% sure until the week we go to closing.  SO STRESSFUL!

As always, your love, prayers and support me the world to me.  Thanks for letting me vent/bring you up to speed on my latest roller coaster loop.