Wednesday, August 10, 2011

30 Day Challenge - July

Yes, you read that correctly; it says July.  Yes, I know it's August.  But, the July challenge was a personal challenge and I didn't want to report back until I knew the results.

What'd I give up, you ask?  Anti-perspirant!  [I can hear Courtney's "what the..." all the way across the state!]

I didn't give up deodorant, just anti-perspirant.  I don't stink...at least no one has told me if I do.

I'd been thinking of making the change, and when ran across a Tom's coupon in the paper, I cut it out and headed to the store. 


The aluminum-Alzheimer’s connection has been debated for years. Although there is no definitive proof, scientists have linked elevated levels of aluminum to the development of dementia (Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease, May, 2007).

Even without that frightening info, the thought of stopping a natural bodily function just seems wrong.  God made it so we would sweat.  It's natural and it has a purpose!

I'm happy to report, the Tom's is working great and I'm no longer absorbing metal through my arm pit every day!

If you're concerned about your absorption of aluminum and/or think that God made you perfect (REAL GIRLS SWEAT!) - take the challenge and switch from anti-perspirant to deodorant!